DUE TO COVID 19 THE MUSEUM LOCATED AT THE MILITARY BASE WILL BE CLOSE.
We are once again accepting volunteers applications to prep for the potential reopening of the museum in 2022.
Become a Volunteer
Over 7 000 volunteer hours are needed every year to support the museum activities. Volunteering at The Vernon Cadet Camp Museum offers you the opportunity to learn new skills and meet great people while supporting our mission to preserve, collect, present artifacts relevant for the history of the camp and to foster a deeper understanding of the cadet experience..
Volunteers have an opportunity to:
- Share a passion for or learn new skills related to the history of Canadian military.
- Learn and experience local Canadian history in a designated heritage building.
Volunteers are provided with:
- Specific training, related to the job they have opted for.
- A volunteer placement compatible with their expressed interests and The VCC Museum needs.
- A Gulf shirt.
- Letter of reference upon request.
- Community hours for high school credits.
Volunteers are required to:
- Attend an in-take interview.
- Provide a Police Records and Vulnerable Position Screening check.
- Sign up for one shift per week (3 – 4 hrs)
- Agree to complete the training program required by the job assignment.
- Work cooperatively with The VCCM staff members and other volunteers.
For more information, please contact the Manager for the VCCM.