This corps was formed in 1907 with 3 Coys. Queen School Cadet Corps. It was re-designated University School Cadet Corps Mar 12, 1908. In Aug 29, 1949 authority was granted for a change in the designation of the Corps to be known as No 170 University School CC 5th (BC) HAA Regt RCA. In 1956 the Corps was re-designated to No 170 University School CC (C Scot R) and affiliated with Canadian Scottish Regiment. The Corps was originally affiliated with the 5th West Coast Harbour Defense Battery RCA. It them became affiliated with the 75th (BC) HAA Regt RCA in 1949. In 1956 it changed affiliation again to the Canadian Scottish Regt. The Corps was disbanded on December 31st, 1970.